Getting to Know ....……

This weeks Getting to Know is...................................... Nicki Carthew

If you were to have Pre-Hybrid Nicki and Current Nicki in the same room you probably would not be able to tell it was the same person. I am dissapointed we did not get a before photo of Nicki as her transformation has been nothing short of astonishing. From struggling in her first class to now dominating a Gym Jam 30 class. Nicki should be truely proud of what she has accomplished. She shows what determination and commitment achieves. Congratulations on a healthier you Nicki. Nothing can stop you now!!



Nicki - always bring great vibes into the gym.

How did you discover Hybrid?I got told I was going to bootcamp on Saturday morning. My girlfriend said she would pick me up at 6.00am on the Saturday morning. I told her that I didn't get out of bed at that hour for under $10,000.00. Made it through just. I couldn't sit down properly on the toilet for five days because my thighs hurt!!!

What were your thoughts after your first class at Hybrid?
I'm going to die!!! Oh no wait, that was during the class.... Heaps of fun, Loved it. Loved it. Loved it.

Favourite Hybrid Class?
Hmmm... if I had to name one, TRX. Whoa!!!

Favourite Hybrid exercise? 
The one where we use our hands and thank the instructors at the end of the class!!!

Exercise your not so fond of?
Hang on, let me think... Froggies!!!

What changes in your health, physique and performance have you observed since starting at Hybrid?
The major one would be that I have lost 17 kilos. My clothes are alot bigger (dropped 3 sizes). My son was giving me cheek the other day and ran away so i chased him and caught him. he nearly pooped his pants!

Tell us something no one knows about you or people would be surprised to know about you?
In my late teens I was State Dressage champion in QLD.

What is your favourite music to workout too?
Sooo much. Pink, Noiseworks, Boom Crash Opera, Black Sorrows and I love Maroon 5. Yeah Baby!!.

Which Hybrid member inspires you most and why? 
This is a tough one.......Shaun, because of his commitment & passion for not only keeping himself fit but  encouraging everyone else. Alwasy prepared for a class, and if there's any whinging......stop your whining and get it doen!!! Thanks Shaun for all your help to a fitter, healthier, happier me!!

Proudest accomplishment thus far at Hybrid? 
10 pikes on the TRX (feel the burn) and just being able to plank for 20 seconds. Yee ha!!

What are your goals for 2012? 
Loose 20 kilos and resume my studies.

One word to describe you? 
Cheeky

One word to describe Hybrid?
Awesome.

One truely inspirational person. You don't think you can get fitter and healthier? Go have a chat to Nicki, she is proof that a little bit of hard work has big rewards. Her effort is now her reward. Hybrid is looking forward to seeing Nicki keep on improving.