Stuffed red capsicums

This dish was one of my fave's growing up. In Serbo-Croatian they are called "Punjene Paprike" but in English you can call them stuffed capsicums or peppers. Typically Mum made them with mince meat and white rice but I have since made my own versions.


Punjene Paprike AKA Stuffed Capsicums AKA Peppers



These are the ingredients I used tonight.



Ingredients
6 capsicums (cored with lids sliced off, reserve)
x2 cans of lentils
6 slices of bacon (omit if you want a vegetarian version)
1 zuchinni
1 carrot
1 leek
handful of parsley
S&P to taste
drizzle of olive oil




Method
Heat fry pan with olive oil. SautĂ© leek with bacon, zucchini and carrot until translucent and soft. Add lentils. Drizzle tray with olive oil, carefully place capsicums in the tray and fill with vegetable & lentil mix. Bake in oven approx. 40 minutes at 170C degrees or until cooked. Serve with quinoa, feta and parsley.


All I can say is these babies got placed in the oven ASAP. The minute they were cooked, they were served and there was no time to take a picture of them once they were plated. The house smelt amazing! We smashed these tonight and I can't wait to experiment with my next lot.

What's your favourite traditional meal that you have converted to a healthier version?

Happy Thursday!
XxDani