How Overcoming My Fear of Strength Training Altered My Training and My Connection With My Body

Oh, nutritional culture. There is scarcely anything more damaging to the psyche, body, and mind than the pervasive ideas and assertions that our beauty is more important than our well-being.

How did we manage to normalize calorie restriction and risky exercise for so long in order to obtain a body form that society thinks is "acceptable"?

How Overcoming My Fear of Strength Training Altered My Training and My Connection With My Body

Fortunately, movements for body neutrality and acceptance currently dominate the debates. And, rather than exhausting ourselves with hours of exercise to lose weight rapidly, we realize that the benefits of strength training surpass looks alone.

In fact, gaining strength is a terrific, helpful method to help you feel better in many aspects of your life. Say it again for the ones back there.

I can now say all of this with confidence, but it wasn't long ago that I battled to believe anything I just said. Like many others who have been motivated and emboldened by health concepts of all kinds, I have made significant advances in redefining my personal connection with my body.

However, as I started my fitness adventure, the anxiety of gaining muscle lingered.

But I've discovered that facing my fears is the best thing I can do. So I attempted to unlearn the detrimental message that had shaped my own attitude and view of my body for far too long.

This search brought me to Kirsten King, the founder and primary teacher of Fluidform Pilates. King discusses the benefits of strength training for women and how to incorporate it into your fitness routine.

Inspiration : https://camillestyles.com/